From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild?
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 22:27:11
1 On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:43:24 +0000
2 "Steven J. Long" wrote:
3
4 > Tom Wijsman wrote:
5 > It's evidently meant for a few packages which would break, to avoid
6 > obvious breakage, and not as a blanket mechanism.
7
8 Yes, it is; but a package consists of multiple ebuilds, and thus, the
9 individual files of the individual ebuilds are brought up as they
10 would need to be tracked, which brings in more work to the maintainer.
13 [OT] Below talk is about whom is addressed & gentoo-dev ML etiquette.
14
15 > > If we were to take this example to its extreme; then we would have
16 > > to create an inventory of which INSTALL_MASK entries are good and
17 > > bad for each ebuild, in which we cover all the files installed by
18 > > that ebuild.
19 >
20 > Why are you directing this at me?
21
22 The quoted paragraph is directed at anyone reading the example; and
23 given I direct it to them, you are directed to as part of this out
24 of respect to allow you to update the example if you need to.
25
26 > it's still rude of you to constantly quote people's email addresses
27
28 Why is it rude? There are a lot of other developers on the list here
29 that do this as well; so, if you want to see this changed then please
30 bring it up for a vote. Un-CC-ed and stripped this time per request;
31 being able to set this on a specific person, however, I don't see how
32 to do that in my mailing client. Patches to do as such are welcome.
35 With kind regards,
36
37 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
38 Gentoo Developer
39
40 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
41 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
42 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D