From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed email - Dropping old kde3 eclasses from the tree
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 20:13:28
1 Am Freitag, den 01.05.2009, 22:33 +0300 schrieb Petteri Räty:
2 > > #gentoo-dev 20:19 <@zmedico> jmbsvicetto: it's only an issue for people
3 > > upgrading from less than portage-2.1.4, which is pretty rare nowadays
6 > > For the KDE team,
9 > It's an issue for people who have packages in vdb emerged with portage
10 > older than 2.1.4 (if this was the version where the env started being
11 > added to vdb). I have been maintaining the position that nuking eclasses
12 > doesn't really provide enough benefits to bork these installs. I
13 > recommend just making the eclasses unusable for emerging stuff and
14 > keeping uninstalls working.
15
16 Agreed on that, plus we don't have any *real* numbers on how rare
17 anything less than 2.1.4 *really* is these days.
18
19 Tobias