From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changing PMS to Portage Manager Specification
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 22:39:12
1 On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 4:46 PM, William L. Thomson Jr. <wlt-ml@××××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 09:55:02 -0500
5 > Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:50 AM, Alexander Berntsen
8 > > <bernalex@g.o> wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > While the PMS perhaps hasn't been an unequivocal success, it's
11 > > > still a good effort with some success. I would be disappointed to
12 > > > see the proposed change, and view it as a bad sign for Gentoo.
13 > > >
14 > >
15 > > Also, how many Portages are there that need to be managed with a
16 > > "Portage Manager"?
17 >
18 > If your asking about alternative package managers, I am aware of 2
21 I'm not. I'm pointing out that just changing the meaning of P in PMS to
22 Portage makes the acronym nonsense unless you remove or change the M too.