From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: netsurf Prefix breakage (Was: [gentoo-dev] Packages up for grabs from xmw@g.o)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 12:35:06
1 Hi Virgil,
2
3 Virgil Dupras <vdupras@g.o> writes:
4
5 > I've been getting rid of netsurf.eclass' usage. This can soon be
6 > last-rited. Only two-stabilizations away from that goal.
7
8 I am sorry to raise this, but your migration of netsurf.eclass into
9 dev-util/netsurf-buildsystem is not a 1-1 feature copy of the old
10 eclass. The new ebuild breaks Prefix. For example,
11
12 NSSHARED=/usr/share/netsurf-buildsystem
13
14 This is a serious regression for Prefix and caught a lot of users
15 without a warning. Could you please discuss on this kind of changes in
16 the mailing list beforehand?
17
18 Yours,
19 Benda