From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] iuse defaults example
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 21:34:49
1 On Tuesday 10 July 2007, Thomas de Grenier de Latour wrote:
2 > On 2007/07/10, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > the no* flags were introduced more to address default behavior than
4 > > the -* case, so yes we can kick many of the no* USE flags
5 >
6 > To address only the default behavior, adding "foo" to the profile USE
7 > instead of using a "nofoo" flag would have been enough. This could
8 > have been done long ago, but my understanding has always been that it
9 > was not considered a good enough solution because it was not -*-proof.
10
11 for some flags yes ... for others, i dislike that idea for the exact same
12 reason for the other profile-based suggestions: these defaults should live in
13 the ebuild, not the profile
14 -mike