From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 15:11:44
1 On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 08:33:38 -0600 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > I was kicked for suggesting that a) ppc-macos was breaking the tree,
5 > > staffed by people who don't know what they're doing, a QA nightmare
6 > > and damaging to the project, b) that pathspec was vapourware and
7 > > conceptually completely broken, c) that the forums were encouraging
8 > > ricing by letting users discuss insane kernel patchsets and absurd
9 > > CFLAGS in the main fora, and d) that Portage development has by and
10 > > large stagnated and that Portage can't deliver the things people
11 > > require.
12 >
13 > I like to think you were kicked for incessantly trolling, repeatedly
14 > insulting developers and users, turning every other thread on -dev
15 > into a 150 post flamefest, and generally creating a working
16 > environment that no one wanted to be a part of. Obviously none of
17 > this has changed.
18
19 You like to think it, but it doesn't make it true. But hey, it's so
20 much easier to think that I'm the great Gentoo boogeyman, isn't it?
21 It's so much easier than the truth.
24 Ciaran McCreesh
25 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
26 Web : http://ciaranm.org/