From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] package.mask
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:02:54
1 Just untar the archive and install with 'ebuild sandbox-0.2.1.ebuild
2 merge'. This should work. To be completely protected also install the
3 dynamic bash in a similar way 'ebuild dynbash-2.04.ebuild merge'. Note
4 that there is a small risk to installing a dynamic bash : updating glibc
5 afterwards crashes your machine, and updating ncurses and readline
6 segfaults the running bashes. The static bash is however not removed but
7 accessible as /bin/sbash. Unmerging the dynbash also puts the default
8 static bash pack into its place, so you can always revert.
9
10 Zach Forrest wrote:
11
12 > I was wanting to give the new sandbox a try, but I'm not sure how to
13 > get around package.mask. Does setting MAINTAINER=YES in make.conf have
14 > anything to do with this? What are the policies on getting CVS access?
15 >
16 > Zach