From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: AT emerge info cruft > attachments on bugs.g.o
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 12:27:43
1 On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:13:48 +0200
2 Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Jeroen Roovers wrote:
5 > > On a minor note, I'd also like to see bug reporters use canonical
6 > > package names in bug descriptions, including the category (and
7 > > preferably the specific version, not some >=foo-3*!!!one, not to
8 > > mention specifying no version at all). Including the category means
9 > > arch devs won't need to guess/discover which of a few hundred
10 > > categories a package is meant to reside in.
11 >
12 > First off, I second that. Second, here's how you still get where you
13 > want without looking up the category:
14 >
15 > $ cd gentoo-x86/*/foo
16
17 That's why I explicitly mentioned "discover". It would have been
18 impossible to get ebuilds marked in response to stabilisation bugs
19 since November 2005 if I couldn't discover canonical package names on
20 my own... :)
23 Kind regards,
24 JeR
25 --