From: Xavier Neys <neysx@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 39 compliance
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:03:53
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > Danny van Dyk wrote:
3 >> Am Mittwoch, 30. August 2006 14:26 schrieb Alec Warner:
4 >>
5 >>> Eselect, your project pages lists retired developers (Ciaran).[4]
6 >> Ciaran is the original Author, and he still helps more than ocassionally
7 >> with problems and bugs. I won't remove him from that page.
8 >>
9 >> As precedences, the Gentoo Handbook list of authors contains former
10 >> Gentoo devs.
11
12 Not just the handbook. Whenever any dev retires, all docs which he is credited
13 in should be updated with his new email, or no @gentoo.org email.
14 This has been mentioned on #gentoo-doc a few weeks ago.
15 Using the roll-call to replace the @gentoo.org email of a retired dev with his
16 new one or no email is on my todo list.
17
18 >> Danny
19 >
20 > The only problem is that it lists him as contactable by
21 > "nickname@g.o" aka ciaran@g.o which is false.
22 >
23 > I've actually wondered about this as well since I've been in projects as
24 > a non-dev and Treecleaners has non-devs. Can we get some kind of
25 > modification to the <dev> tag for non-gentoo contributors?
26
27 Atm, using the <dev> implies the dev is listed in the roll-call.
28 The status can be tested to perform s/Member/Retired/
29 A fourth column with the email instead of the hardcoded text "All developers
30 can be reached by e-mail using nickname@g.o." below the table is a
31 trivial thing to do.
32 Extending dev with something like
33 <dev role="Contributor" nick="fnord" email="foo.bar@×××××.tv">Mr. Foo
34 Bar</dev> would be no problem.
35
36 > I would agree with you that removing him would be immensely inconsiderate.
37
38 Once you guys have made up your mind, please do file a bug for me as I tend to
39 not read much of -dev. Thanks.
42 Wkr,
43 --
44 / Xavier Neys