From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/libudev
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:25:34
1 On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 05:18:00PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello, all.
3 >
4 > Since nowadays udev is bundled within systemd, we start having two
5 > libudev providers: >=sys-apps/systemd-185 and sys-fs/udev. Making
6 > the long story short, I would like to introduce a virtual for libudev
7 > which would pull in either of those two.
8 >
9 > There are three USE flags used in conditionals when depending on udev:
10 > - gudev - for glib wrapper on udev,
11 > - hwdb - to pull in hwids,
12 > - static-libs.
13 >
14 > The former two were previously provided by 'extras' USE flag,
15 > and the third was unconditional.
16 >
17 > I'm attaching an example virtual/libudev which does the job. Sadly,
18 > because of the 'extras' compatibility it's a big ugly conditional.
19
20 I'm going to ask here, because of the discussion on IRC, that you not
21 commit this yet. There are issues still we need to work out wrt
22 packaging systemd and udev.
23
24 William