From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sets vs Meta ebuilds
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 10:19:40
1 On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 09:29:42PM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote
2
3 > It is slightly more cruft than a set, but honestly not a great deal so.
4
5 The only problem is that you have to maintain ebuilds in an overlay
6 and run "repoman manifest" every time you create or edit a meta package.
7 Here's an off-the-wall idea to combine the best of both worlds...
8
9 * create virtual/rdepend.ebuild in the overlay
10 * can it inherit/include an RDEPEND list from a specific text file? E.g.
11 /etc/portage/package_rdepend
12 * "emerge rdepend" after adding items to /etc/portage/package_rdepend
13 * "emerge --depclean" after deleting from /etc/portage/package_rdepend
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications