From: Dominique Michel <dominique.michel@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Watch out for license changes to GPL-3.
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:18:03
1 > > Can you explain more. If the kernel can be tivoized by someone
2 >
3 > I'm sorry, but "tivoized" is not a verb. Please explain what you mean
4 > by this.
5
6 I mean if someone distribute a kernel with a licence that forbid to remove the
7 functions he added even if we don't want them (as example drm at the kernel
8 level as in Vista),
11 > > , who will use this kernel? How can this affect the software xyz that
12 > > have a v3 licence?
13 >
14 > I do not understand the question, can you reprase it?
17 who will use this kernel when we can get a vanilla kernel and plenty of
18 patches and do whatever we want to do with them?
19
20 Will this affect the licencing or the distribution of the software xyz?
21
22 > thanks,
23 >
24 > greg k-h