From: "Philippe Lafoucrière" <lafou@×××××××.fr>
To: Gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Weekly News Letter - "Where is Gentoo Linux 1.4"
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:22:14
I was reading the new newsletter, especially the part : "Releases do not
matter in Gentoo Linux.".If releases really doesn't matter, why 1.4
isn't out ? I DO know you can use a 1.4RC1/2/3/4 live cd have an up to
date system with emerge -u, but newbies don't.

This is a really bad idea to add more and more features to live cds
without release. People that have never tried gentoo would think this is
a permanent BETA, which is not. Gentoo is really mature and stable now.

Maybe we'll need a Gentoo Project Leader, as Debian did. If there's
already one, he has to communicate much more ! Gentoo really needs some
serious management, and especially a ROADMAP. Gentoo users are walking
in fog now...

Philippe

--
Philippe Lafoucrière <lafou@×××××××.fr>