From: Carsten Lohrke <carlo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gratuitous useflaggery (doc and examples)
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:06:16
1 On Monday 06 March 2006 17:39, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > I guess some advanced /etc/portage/bashrc magic isn't enough for you?
3 > There are some neat tricks you can play with that.
4
5 I consider this sort of ugly hack. And I don't see the point why everyone
6 should do this, while a maintainer, even when the install script doesn't
7 allow to omit doc processing, can - as the very least - add
8
9 use doc || rm -rf ${D}/usr/share/doc/${PF}/<foo>
10
11 at the end of src_install, when megabytes of api docs etc. get installed. The
12 maintenance cost is zero.
15 Carsten