From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: News item: Upgrading Apache from 2.2 to 2.4
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:16:51
1 On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o> wrote:
2 > After what feels like ages, we're just about ready to stabilize
3 > apache-2.4. Since this is a major upgrade that in many cases require
4 > configuration changes, we wanted to do a news item. After some
5 > discussion with Lars (Poly-C), here's an initial attempt at a draft.
6
7 I'm currently attempting this upgrade on a stable system I run. It
8 mostly just works, although I run into trouble when trying to load
9 modules that are not part of www-server/apache (e.g. mod_wsgi). I
10 resolved this by reemerging all packages listed in `equery b
11 /usr/lib/apache2/modules/*`, but maybe there's a different way? Should
12 this be in an elog message, or part of the news item?
13
14 Cheers,
15
16 Dirkjan