From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 06:55:48
1 On 23-07-2012 22:10:08 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
3 > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 > > This is just a heads-up for Gentoo users that got used to find
5 > > make.conf and make.profile under /etc in stages, that these files will
6 > > stop being there and will instead be under /etc/portage. So we are
7 > > changing the defaults.
8 >
9 > I'd spell that out then - just say that no action is required for
10 > existing installations, but be aware of the new location on new
11 > installs, or feel free to move them if you want.
12
13 I still don't see why you'd bother all existing users with that info.
14 Just blog, or (better) write a nice email to -announce, and update the
15 install docs.
16
17 Also, can you exclude all Prefix profiles for this news item if you
18 insist on pushing it out?
19
20 Fabian
23 Fabian Groffen