From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: news item: changes to stages (make.conf and make.profile)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 02:11:14
1 On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > This is just a heads-up for Gentoo users that got used to find
4 > make.conf and make.profile under /etc in stages, that these files will
5 > stop being there and will instead be under /etc/portage. So we are
6 > changing the defaults.
7
8 I'd spell that out then - just say that no action is required for
9 existing installations, but be aware of the new location on new
10 installs, or feel free to move them if you want.
11
12 Rich