From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 10:56:25
1 On 19 January 2013 03:22, Christoph Junghans <ottxor@g.o> wrote:
2 > 2013/1/17 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>:
3 >> After some initial bikeshedding we came to the conclusion that naming
4 >> the category simply "qt" is the most elegant solution. We will then
5 >> also be dropping the qt- prefix in package names. This means
6 >> x11-libs/qt-core will be moved to qt/core, and so on.
7 > -1
8 >
9 > I don't like the idea of emerging gui instead qt-qui.
10
11 The thing is you would practically never have to do this. Users
12 install apps that have a number of qt modules as dependencies. These
13 qt modules in turn cannot be updated individually (unless there is an
14 ebuild revision bump), but will be included in a world update as a
15 group.
16
17 And if you really must, is emerge qt/gui so much more difficult than
18 emerge qt-gui?
21 Cheers,
22
23 Ben | yngwin
24 Gentoo developer
25 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin