From: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SuSE Kernel Sources
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 04:17:19
1 I thought I'd drop some input on this..I personally have a copy of rpm2targz
2 copied into my home dir in which all I did was change-
3
4 dd ibs=`rpmoffset < $i` skip=1 if=$i 2> /dev/null | gzip -dc > $ofn
5 to-
6 dd ibs=`rpmoffset < $i` skip=1 if=$i 2> /dev/null | bzip2 -dc > $ofn
7 because SuSe isn't the only ones to bzip2 their rpms (cant remember the
8 others right off), but I bet if someone took the time to make another case
9 in the script that dropped down to the bzip2 on the gzip failure, it
10 wouldn't require any of those complicated suggestions noted in the bug. I
11 have neither the time or the inclination to do it myself, but it shouldn't
12 be too hard:)
13
14 __
15 Chuck Brewer