From: Tomas Mozes <hydrapolic@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] UID/GID assignment for kibana
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019 16:43:03
1 On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 6:36 PM Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hey,
6 > On 9/20/19 7:12 PM, Tomas Mozes wrote:
7 > > Hi there,
8 > > while trying to implement glep 81 for kibana I found out that Arch
9 > > Linux uses uid 183 for it, but it's taken by qmail.eclass. Should a
10 > > new uid/gid be taken or it's safe to assume no one will mix kibana
11 > > with qmail?
14 > I can't find this info anywhere. There's a pull request currently open
15 > for acct-*/qmail stuff, that seems to reserve 200+ for it (like shown in
16 > uid-gid.txt). Nothing seems to reserve 183 as far as I can tell?
17 >
18 > - https://gitweb.gentoo.org/data/api.git/tree/files/uid-gid.txt
19 >
20 > -
21 >
22 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo/pull/12898/files#diff-bb8c77449e92c212844f37fc9a56e12aL105
25 > -- juippis
29 Oh I'm sorry, I'm also working on elasticsearch which will have uid/gid
30 183. Kibana in Arch uses uid 206 and that conflicts with qmails.
31
32 Tomas