From: Man Shankar <man.ee.gen@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GWN - how to restart ?
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 00:34:59
1 On 17:26 Thu 22 Jan , Nathan Zachary wrote:
2 > Man Shankar wrote:
3 > > --[snip]--
4 > > Now, as regards the content - i have the following on mind:
5 > >
6 > > 1) The regular stuff -- stats, new packages, removals, dev joinings,
7 > > hottest thread, most discussed topic on ml etc.
8 > > 2) One article -- ranging from the hip and happening in the Gentoo-world
9 > > to howtos;
10 > > 3) Community member of the week (devs or users) -- About a community
11 > > member, the format will be specific (i m working on it)
12 > > 4) There has to be some tech-humor ;-) LOL!!
13 > >
14 > > 5) Other suggestions and criticisms are welcome!
15 > >
16 > > So, how do i go about it? Whom to contact, the hurdles i should be
17 > > prepared for etc.?
20 > I would be happy to help out with the newsletter, especially with the
21 > "one article." I don't know if a weekly newsletter is appropriate
22 > though. Maybe bi-weekly or monthly like it is now.
23 >
24 > --Zach
25
26 Thanks for responding. Every contribution and criticism will be welcome.
27 As regards the schedule, i believe a weekly timeline is more appropriate
28 due to the statistics part of the newsletter. However, the important part
29 is to get it done regardless of the timeline. I guess once in two weeks
30 may be acceptable but monthly is a bit off for a distro newsletter. Also
31 should I cc -project and -gmn about the issue? Where to look for the
32 guidelines on how to proceed and even if its possible to revert the
33 GMN --> GWN?
37 Thanks & Regards,
38 Man Shankar <man.ee.gen(at)gmail.com>