From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Reminder: open season on robbat2's packages
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:27:31
1 On 10/30/2013 05:10 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Since it's been nearly a year since I last sent this email (and I got poked
5 > with a stick about this), it's time for a reminder. I hope that in future, if
6 > we get a non-maintainer update GLEP [1], this will become unneeded, as it can
7 > be on api.gentoo.org.
8 >
9 > 1. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/86359
10 >
11 > Over the years, I've come to be the maintainer a huge number of packages (300+)
12 > Many of them are from inheriting packages when other developers have retired -
13 > the upstream may also be dead, but there is nothing that supersedes the
14 > functionality of the package, so if I use it, it lives.
15 >
16 > If you're a developer waiting for an action on one of them, and you've attached
17 > a fix to a bug, you should mostly feel free to go ahead any just apply your
18 > patch. If you break it, I'll hunt you down.
19 >
20 > If you think you want to take over the package instead, or it should go for
21 > last-rites/tree-cleaners etc; please claim it here or drop me an email; or for
22 > the last category: just take it and leave a note.
23 >
24 > Notable changes from last year:
25 > - I'm releasing mogilefs and perlbal.
26 > - new category of stuff people are welcome to take.
27 >
28 > Exceptions:
29 > dev-db/mariadb, dev-db/mysql - mysql herd
30 > sys-libs/db - base-system
31 > sys-fs/lvm2 - please be careful!
32 >
33 > Packages where I am the upstream, and feature requests probably won't go far
34 > without large good patches:
35 > app-admin/diradm
36 > app-shells/localshell
37 > sys-apps/readahead-list
38 > dev-perl/WattsUp-Daemon
39 >
40 > Packages for tree-cleaner consideration:
41 > dev-vcs/gitosis
42 > dev-vcs/gitosis-gentoo
43 > net-mail/vqadmin
44 >
45 > Here's a list of every package where I'm a maintainer and there is no herd
46 > listed (but their might be other maintainers), and I slightly care about the
47 > package:
48 > app-admin/cancd
49 > app-arch/duff
50 > app-arch/unadf
51 > app-backup/mirdir
52 > app-crypt/af_alg
53 > app-crypt/gpg-ringmgr
54 > app-crypt/mhash
55 > app-misc/ddccontrol
56 > app-misc/egads
57 > app-misc/g15composer
58 > app-misc/g15daemon
59 > app-misc/g15macro
60 > app-misc/g15message
61 > app-misc/g15stats
62 > app-misc/gcalcli
63 > app-text/sloccount
64 > app-text/unrtf
65 > dev-libs/libg15
66 > dev-libs/libg15render
67 > dev-libs/libmcal
68 > dev-libs/libmelf
69 > dev-libs/libmemcache
70 > dev-libs/libmemcached
71 > dev-python/google-api-python-client
72 > dev-vcs/cvs2svn
73 > dev-vcs/git
74 > net-analyzer/ipaudit
75 > net-analyzer/ipv6-toolkit
76 > net-analyzer/poink
77 > net-analyzer/raddump
78 > net-analyzer/sslsniff
79 > net-analyzer/thrulay
80 > net-dns/ndu
81 > net-misc/adjtimex
82 > net-misc/aggregate
83 > net-misc/aggregate-flim
84 > net-misc/ifenslave
85 > net-misc/memcached
86 > net-misc/netdate
87 > net-misc/nstx
88 > net-misc/pcapfix
89 > net-nds/nsscache
90 > net-wireless/bss
91 > net-wireless/spectools
92 > sys-apps/clrngd
93 > sys-apps/input-utils
94 > sys-apps/linux-misc-apps
95 > sys-apps/usbmon
96 > sys-auth/icmpdn
97 > sys-auth/nss_ldap
98 > sys-block/btrace
99 > sys-block/fio
100 > sys-block/scsiping
101 > sys-block/scsirastools
102 > sys-block/seekwatcher
103 > sys-block/tw_cli
104 > sys-power/iasl
105 > sys-power/nut
106 > sys-power/pmtools
107 > sys-process/audit
108 >
109 > Items in this list, you're welcome to take them, just leave a note; they will
110 > still work last I checked, and I do use them occasionally, but I'm not fussy
111 > about them.
112 > app-emulation/qenv
113 > app-misc/dnetc
114 > app-misc/interceptty
115 > app-text/binfind
116 > app-text/convmv
117 > dev-cpp/threadpool
118 > dev-db/libdbi
119 > dev-db/libdbi-drivers
120 > dev-lang/snobol
121 > dev-libs/bglibs
122 > dev-libs/OpenSRF
123 > dev-libs/yaz
124 > dev-lua/lgi
125 > dev-util/checkbashisms
126 > dev-util/fuzz
127 > dev-util/idutils
128 > dev-util/its4
129 > dev-util/mpatch
130 > dev-util/pscan
131 > dev-util/rats
132 > dev-util/re2c
133 > dev-util/sgb
134 > dev-util/wiggle
135 > media-gfx/monica
136 > media-gfx/springgraph
137 > net-firewall/ipset
138 > net-libs/cvm
139 > net-misc/dcetest
140 > net-misc/openrdate
141 > net-misc/rdate
142 > net-misc/tiers
143 > net-misc/valve
144 > net-misc/vmnet
145 > net-misc/vmpsd
146 > net-misc/zsync
147 > net-nds/led
148 > net-proxy/piper
149 > sys-apps/hwinfo
150 > sys-libs/openhpi
154 dev-libs/libmemcache #ok
155 dev-libs/libmemcached #so
156 dev-vcs/git #I will need help with this 600+ line ebuild...
157 net-analyzer/sslsniff #zerochaos seems to have this as well, I can
158 co-maintain :D
159 net-misc/ifenslave #I'll take it
160 net-misc/memcached #And this
161 sys-auth/nss_ldap #and this
162 sys-block/fio #...
163 sys-power/nut #wellnow
164 sys-power/pmtools #I ran out of things to say
165
166 I will be taking these unless someone wants to yell at me (tomorrow or
167 so). I welcome all help :P
170 -- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)