From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:40:44
1 On Wednesday 17 May 2006 18:26, Thomas Cort wrote:
2 > rpm, stow, and dpkg are 100% incompatible with portage and I'm fairly
3 > certain that upstream has no intentions of making them compatible, yet they
4 > are in the tree and stable on many arches. Are you also suggesting that we
5 > mask them too?
6 And you don't see profiles that uses any of them. Nor you'll ever see them.
7 They are there mainly for developers' peace when they have to inspect RPMs or
8 DEBs (I actually do that often).
11 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
12 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE