From: Thomas Cort <tcort@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 20:32:16
1 On Wed, 17 May 2006 15:48:04 -0400
2 Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > I also recommend that the package is masked in all
4 > Gentoo profiles where a release is built against, since again, it is
5 > 100% incompatible and upstream has now said that they have no intentions
6 > on making it compatible.
7
8 rpm, stow, and dpkg are 100% incompatible with portage and I'm fairly certain that upstream has no intentions of making them compatible, yet they are in the tree and stable on many arches. Are you also suggesting that we mask them too?
9
10 ~tcort