From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 36: providing both CVS and Subversion?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:44:21
1 On Sunday 10 April 2005 11:35 pm, Greg KH wrote:
2 > On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:30:29PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
3 > > A while back, we had to move the gentoo kernel patches out of the Gentoo
4 > > CVS because we realised it conflicted with the old copyright assignment
5 > > form: I have signed an agreement saying that everything I put in gentoo
6 > > cvs will be copyrighted to Gentoo. That obviously isn't the case for
7 > > kernel patches that I didn't write.
8 > >
9 > > We moved the kernel patches into a bitkeeper repo, and they've been there
10 > > for a while. However, this might be clashing with the social contract,
11 > > and costless BK is going away, so its time to move again. I'd love to
12 > > host these in a Gentoo repo, preferably SVN, but would need to get that
13 > > agreement revoked for me and the other kernel developers. Who do I need
14 > > to speak to?
15 >
16 > Thanks for bringing this up, I was going to do so this week. I can get
17 > the cvs data out of the bk tree, if we want to move it anywhere else, so
18 > we will not loose the history (if that's an issue.) But we need to get
19 > moved off of bkbits.net as soon as possible,
20
21 > and the gentoo server is
22 > not a current solution :(
23
24 could you be please more specific? I mean. why isn't it a current solution?
25 because SVN isn't right in place or because of the copyright problems still
26 around or ...?
27
28 thanks,
29 Christian Parpart.
32 Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
33 23:42:51 up 18 days, 12:49, 2 users, load average: 0.44, 0.69, 0.75