From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:12:50
1 On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 04:15:49PM +0100, Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > Comments?
3 I have no objections to the concept - I would however like very through
4 testing before it's actually committed.
5
6 Could you please submit the profile as a patch to the mailing list,
7 thus allowing detractors to test cases that they believe it may break.
8 - If it breaks them, then something needs to be done.
9 - If it doesn't break them, then they have no reasonable grounds for rejecting the patch.
10
11 I myself have a few cases I'd like to test, on fringe cases of portage
12 behavior.
13
14 Backwards compatibility is the most important thing with the core
15 portions of the tree - new functionality must always be introduced in
16 such a way that the existing majority does not experience breakage -
17 because they'll make somebodies life hell.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
22 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85