From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 news item for review: Radiant upgrade
Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 09:09:10
1 Petteri Räty kirjoitti:
2 > Hans de Graaff kirjoitti:
3 >> What I would like to happen is that the message is added to the tree
4 >> once, shown to users who have dev-ruby/radiant in testing immediately,
5 >> and only shown to other users of dev-ruby/radiant when they move radiant
6 >> to testing or radiant itself becomes stable for them. I don't see a
7 >> mechanism to avoid this with the current GLEP, but perhaps I overlooked
8 >> something? I guess this is what the Display-If-Upgrading-From-To: that
9 >> Ciaran mentioned would do, but I'm wondering if GLEP 42 makes any sense
10 >> without it.
13 > I guess we need a Display-If-Not-Masked: header.
14 >
15 > Regards,
16 > Petteri
19 If filtering doesn't happen only once then we can do the following:
20 First start the news item with Display-If-Keyword: ~arch and then when
21 it goes stable lower it to arch. But I would guess that this way of
22 doing it is not supported by the current implementation and would need
23 to change the GLEP to state this so we could as well go with
24 Display-If-Not-Masked that takes into account local configuration etc.
25
26 Regards,
27 Petteri
28
29 PS. No-one has so far been able to tell me how the filtering is supposed
30 to work based on the GLEP so it should be made more explicit I think.