From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: My masterplan for git migration (+ looking for infra to test it)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:02:44
1 Rich Freeman posted on Tue, 16 Sep 2014 09:55:31 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > Or they could just clone the git tree, and they can look at per-file
4 > logs anytime they want to.
5
6 Give me ro access to a current git repo and I'll *VERY* happily leave
7 changelogs to history along with 8-track tapes and 5.25-inch floppies!
8 =:^)
9
10 I was strongly in favor of keeping changelogs (and mandating proper add/
11 change/deletion entries) the last time the topic came up, but that was in
12 the context of (web)?rsync being the only viable user sync method and
13 thus changelogs being the only user-local-accessible record. With user-
14 git-repo access, I'll /very/ (very, very, very...) happily leave rsync
15 behind for git, and changelogs along with it! =:^)
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman