From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 20:19:27
1 On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 22:07:30 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:25:58 +0100
4 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 21:21:42 +0200
6 > > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
7 > > > So... what is your issue in here, sir?
8 > >
9 > > The issue is what Zac, Ian and I were discussing, before you jumped
10 > > in and started yelling. Repeating it for you:
11 > >
12 > > We want to know, for dependencies that are in DEPEND and not
13 > > RDEPEND, whether or not most of them will become HDEPENDs, if
14 > > dependencies are being expressed properly. If that is the case,
15 > > then it makes more sense to introduce TDEPEND than HDEPEND.
16 >
17 > The only person yelling here is you. I have politely asked a question,
18 > and then you come with your wisdom not answering it at all. And if you
19 > haven't noticed, my question was directed to Ian who -- unlike you --
20 > may be able to say something meaningful in the topic rather than
21 > diverging from it just to prove a random point only you know.
22
23 Ian and I are asking essentially the same question regarding the same
24 issue, and I believe you're the only interested person so far who has
25 had any difficulty understanding that. However, if hearing it from
26 someone other than me makes it easier for you to accept that there is
27 something to discuss, then you're welcome to pretend that everything
28 that I say from now on was written by someone other than me.
31 Ciaran McCreesh