From: Greg KH <gregkh@g.o>
To: Richard Yao <ryao@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, klondike@g.o, "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>, ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] udev-ng? (Was: Summary Council meeting Tuesday 13 November 2012)
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 05:08:04
1 On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 11:06:38PM -0500, Richard Yao wrote:
2 > On 11/17/2012 10:39 PM, Greg KH wrote:
3 > > Anyway, I now see a _very_ dangerous commit in the "Copyright" branch
4 > > that better not get merged into the tree, as it's wrong, and illegal
5 > > under all countries that follow the "normal" body of Copyright Law. It
6 > > should be removed right now before someone gets into trouble, not the
7 > > least of which would be the orginization that the copyright is now being
8 > > attributed to.
9 > >
10 > > Come on people, this is basic copyright law, it's not something
11 > > radically new. It's something that _all_ software developers should
12 > > know, either from school, or any company they have ever worked at.
13 > >
14 > > Please fix this now.
15 >
16 > klondike discussed the copyright branch changes with robbat2 before they
17 > started and there was no problem at the time. We have retained all
18 > copyright notices and looking at the branch, I find nothing objectionable.
19
20 Why is this getting a Gentoo Foundation copyright in the first place?
21 Why is that necessary?
22
23 greg k-h