From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@×××××××××××.com>
To: Collins Richey <crichey@×××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc question re bug #67166 et al
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 03:30:46
1 Collins Richey wrote:
2 > I've encountered one of the many flavors of this bug (arts-1.3.1 fails
3 > to compile). The recommended action in the bugzilla is to recompile
4 > glibc with USE="nptlonly." Is this a safe practice for nptl users, or
5 > will this break something else because the linuxthreads code is
6 > omitted?
7
8 I believe that USE="nptlonly" will revert to the old NPTL behavior (only NPTL
9 glibc built) instead of the new behavior (NPTL and non-NPTL glibc built when
10 USE="nptl"). So, if NPTL glibc worked for you previously, USE="nptlonly" should
11 be "safe" for you.
14 Andrew Gaffney
15 Network Administrator
16 Skyline Aeronautics, LLC.