From: Sebastian Bergmann <sb@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Automatically generate ebuilds for PEAR/PECL packages
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:17:32
1 Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > The 'template' file it needs isn't around (it doesn't seem to be in
3 > that directory).
4
5 Sorry about that. I uploaded it now to
6
7 http://www.sebastian-bergmann.de/stuff/template
8
9 > If you could roll this into something like g-cpan.pl, it would go a
10 > long way.
11
12 I don't know about g-cpan.pl.
13
14 At the moment pear-ebuilds.php is missing error handling and the
15 ability to map PEAR dependencies to ebuild dependencies.
16
17 > The general policy for CPAN and PEAR packages is that we don't want
18 > to pollute the tree with adding them until they are needed by another
19 > package.
20
21 That makes sense to me.
22