From: Mike Pagano <mpagano@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Hangouts
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 13:21:18
1 On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 12:04:04PM +0100, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On 24 June 2013 11:54, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On 24/06/2013 07:30, Pavlos Ratis wrote:
4 > >>
5 > >> That's why I'd like to propose Gentoo Hangouts. Gentoo Hangouts will
6 > >> be Google+ video Hangouts(video calls) held by teams or developers
7 > >> independent of a team. The main goal is to have the teams introduce
8 > >> themselves and discuss about different issues in their Gentoo-related
9 > >> projects.
12 > > Thanks for taking the time and initiative to work on something new, I am
13 > > sure it will prove interesting.
14 > >
15 > > It is the response that confuses me - I don't understand why everyone is
16 > > rushing to shut it down before it even begins. For those that are not
17 > > interested in the idea of a video hangout, just don't use it and move on -
18 > > simple.
22 > I like the idea. It might help bring developers and users closer.
23 >
24 > --
25
26 I can't see the harm, and people who don't have the time, interest or
27 social skills can certainly not join.
28
29 I worked from a home office for 7 years and used this all the time.
30 Sometimes it helps to realize that the people on the other end of the
31 wire are just that: people.
32
33 I've seen behaviors change among team members for the better. Plus,
34 maybe I can learn how to pronouce more than half of your names. :)