From: Toby Dickenson <tdickenson@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>, Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
Cc: Eric Olinger <EvvL@××××××××××.net>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:52:09
1 On Thursday 21 August 2003 06:42, Jon Portnoy wrote:
2
3 > Why? The amount of editing done prior to getting your system to a point
4 > where you can emerge vim (i.e., after emerge system) is minimal.
5 > Offhand, I can only think of make.conf.
6 >
7 > nano is more than enough for editing make.conf. We're trying to _cut
8 > down_ on bloat, not increase it.
9
10 The minimal install CD is also used for rescuing damaged systems. Ive used it
11 for that purpose more often than for starting an installation.
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list