From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FreeType in X - why?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:41:58
1 On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 08:37:08AM +0100, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 > But xfree-4.1.0 released before freetype-2.0.5. So I think the lib in
3 > the freetype package must be newer. Mhh, I don't know sure... but two
4 > same libs in different version makes no sense. The other way could be to
5 > make a depend-flag in the package which uses this feature like:
6 >
7 > 'virtual/freetype'
8 >
9 > which uses X if activated in make.conf or freetype if X disabled in
10 > make.conf.
11
12 We did this before and it didn't work.
15 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
16 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
17 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.