From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-2 and volumes (raid, lvm, crypt, etc)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:47:56
1 On Friday 13 April 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 11:23 -0500, Alex Tarkovsky wrote:
3 > > It's mid-April and 2007.0 is still nowhere in sight, so the idea that
4 > > there will be a 2007.1 is looking increasingly unrealistic. Please
5 > > don't make baselayout-2's unmasking contingent on that.
6 >
7 > I guess I should just delete all this 2007.0 media we've been working on
8 > then, huh?
9 >
10 > I'm simply amazed at the level of complete and total bullshit that some
11 > people spout off on this list without bothering to check facts or take 3
12 > seconds to talk to the people in the know. If you don't know what
13 > you're talking about, rather than open your mouth and prove to everyone
14 > that you are clueless about the particular topic, it's probably best to
15 > either ask someone or talk about something you're actually familiar
16 > with, instead. For those of you wondering, 2007.0 is close to being
17 > finished. You can blame the abnormally high number of security
18 > vulnerabilities in large packages for the delays. Also, the dates given
19 > on the Release Engineering pages are nothing more than guesses made by
20 > me months before we even start the release. They are in no way binding.
21
22 so full of hate !
23 -mike