From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] baselayout-2 and volumes (raid, lvm, crypt, etc)
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 21:52:56
1 Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > On Friday 13 April 2007, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 11:23 -0500, Alex Tarkovsky wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> It's mid-April and 2007.0 is still nowhere in sight, so the idea that
7 >>> there will be a 2007.1 is looking increasingly unrealistic. Please
8 >>> don't make baselayout-2's unmasking contingent on that.
9 >>>
10 >> I guess I should just delete all this 2007.0 media we've been working on
11 >> then, huh?
12 >>
13 >> I'm simply amazed at the level of complete and total bullshit that some
14 >> people spout off on this list without bothering to check facts or take 3
15 >> seconds to talk to the people in the know. If you don't know what
16 >> you're talking about, rather than open your mouth and prove to everyone
17 >> that you are clueless about the particular topic, it's probably best to
18 >> either ask someone or talk about something you're actually familiar
19 >> with, instead. For those of you wondering, 2007.0 is close to being
20 >> finished. You can blame the abnormally high number of security
21 >> vulnerabilities in large packages for the delays. Also, the dates given
22 >> on the Release Engineering pages are nothing more than guesses made by
23 >> me months before we even start the release. They are in no way binding.
26 > so full of hate !
27 > -mike
28 >
29 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Tenorman_Must_Die
30
31 I say we never piss Chris off again... ever...
32 --
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list