From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 13:48:35
1 On śro, 2017-07-26 at 19:05 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 07/25/2017 02:28 PM, Michael Palimaka wrote:
3 > > Does a bug # really need to always be in the summary line? It can eat
4 > > valuable characters and tags which are pretty popular are equally valid IMO.
5 >
6 > I would prefer the summary to be informative without having bug ID at
7 > all. Summary should describe the change ,not only "fixes XXX", the bug
8 > reference belongs in body (tags)
11 I guess I didn't say it verbosely but this obviously should be the case.
12 The bug no is just a cherry at the top. Of course if you can't spare 6
13 characters, you don't have to put it there.
16 Best regards,
17 Michał Górny