From: "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] syslog-ng
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 01:56:04
1 I'll look into it. I haven't been around lately due to my job and classes taking every waking moment for past two weeks.
4 On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:25:12 +0200
5 Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de> wrote:
6
7 > On Thursday 10 October 2002 19:23, ace@××××××.org wrote:
8 > > Who monitors security warnings for Gentoo? syslog-ng has a bug (#7951) but
9 > > it hasn't been comitted to the portage tree, and it has been over a week,
10 > > does the freeze INCLUDE SECURITY UPDATES where all that is needed is a
11 > > version bump.
12 >
13 > No it shouldn't. Even KDE gets new versions. Has it been assigned directly to
14 > blocke@g.o? If so, don't do it. The bug-wranglers will decide who to
15 > assign it to. Btw if something like this doesn't get fixed get into the irc
16 > channel and bug them about it :)
17 >
18 > Btw this is one of the things that makes gentoo bad for server usage. Way to
19 > go gentoo but I'm sure they will get this right too ... sometime :)
22 > Alex
23 >
24 > --
25 > "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
26 > deserve neither liberty nor safety."
27 > Benjamin Franklin
30 > gentoo-dev mailing list
31 > gentoo-dev@g.o