From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage suggestion
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 17:26:46
1 James Harlow wrote:
2
3 > I'll comment on this specific case: I don't believe it's possible to
4 > compile kdelibs without arts. So the problem is in the software (if it
5 > is a problem at all) rather than in portage's handling of the software.
6
7 Actually, with KDE 3.2, it is possible. I may not be an X person, but
8 last time I tried KDE 3.2 when it was in beta, the configure scripts
9 supported a --without-arts line, and I partially hacked the KDE eclasses
10 to pass this. I managed to get kdelibs and kdebase built w/o arts, and
11 it ran fine. kdegames was another matter -- kasteroids still doesn't
12 honor the --without-arts configure flag (probably just needs some
13 tweaking to its Makefile to fix this).
14
15 I recommend the KDE team look into the --without-arts parameter for KDE
16 3.2, and consider implementing it for the -arts USE flag.
19 --Kumba
22 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
23 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
24 elsewhere." --Elrond
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list