From: suka <suka@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kde 3.2 beta2
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:40:31
1 I strongly oppose this, I don't think it is a good idea to introduce
2 development versions of such big packages, this could create all sorts
3 of problems. For instance beta1 of kde 3.3 broke the openoffice-ximian
4 compile with kde support because of a bug in kdelibs, and no matter how
5 stable the beta might be for you, it might create lots of problems for
6 the rest of us. (and the users who run unstable).
7
8 Also if I recall correctly the usual policy is that unstable is NOT for
9 development versions but for the testing of stable versions. At least
10 for libs which other packages depend on I totally agree with this. Users
11 who want to try out development versions should also be able to edit
12 package.mask
13
14 bye suka
15