From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] client+server packages - build which one?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:13:03
1 On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 17:43 +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Friday 09 June 2006 14:10, Roy Marples wrote:
3 > > Some packages provide both a client and a server. As such, users usually
4 > > only want one or the other - and rarely both.
7 > Thanks to wolf31o2 for pointing out that current policy dictates that we
8 > install both by default and the minimal USE flag should be used to stop
9 > server only compoment from installing.
10
11 Not policy (I don't think) but current accepted practice.
12
13 Should this become a policy?
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead