From: 320095285153-0001@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Can't get Gnome + sawfish to work
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 06:56:37
1 Dominic Leland wrote:
2
3 > Hi all, I'm having trouble getting Gnome installed with Sawfish. I
4 > waded through all of the dependences (looking forward to the recursive
5 > pkgmerge), but sawfish is still giving me problems. No matter how I
6 > try to start it (by just trying to run Gnome or running sawfish
7 > straight from xinit), it tells me that it can't open "XINERAMA" on
8 > display 0:0,
11 > The XINERAMA message does not harm. I think there is a flag for startx
12 > to use xinerama but it is only neccesary if you want to use
13 > more that one monitor for your workspace. I see this message in my
14 > xlog-file too but it works.
15 >
16 > then it reports that there is no "rep/lang/interpreter."
17 >
18 > Make sure you have rep-gtk and librep installed. This is the lisp
19 > interpreter used by sawfish.
20 >
21 > If you still have problems please send me your xlog file (
22 > /var/log/Xfree86.0.log ).
23 >
24 > achim~
25 > If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. Dominic
26 > Leland