From: Dominic Leland <domlau@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Can't get Gnome + sawfish to work
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:04:36
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm having trouble getting Gnome installed with Sawfish. I waded through all of the dependences (looking forward to the recursive pkgmerge), but sawfish is still giving me problems.
4
5 No matter how I try to start it (by just trying to run Gnome or running sawfish straight from xinit), it tells me that it can't open "XINERAMA" on display 0:0, then it reports that there is no "rep/lang/interpreter."
6
7 Now I know that XINERAMA has to do with dual-head displays, but why does it think I have one of these? Is there a switch in my XF86Config I need to turn on (or off)? Is this even related to my XF86Config at all? And what's with that rep/lang/interpreter message?
8
9 If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.
10
11 Thanks.
12
13 Dominic Leland