From: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 03:08:12
1 As these would be @gentoo.org <http://gentoo.org> people they would be
2 easier for devrel to tackle. Making them closer under the gentoo wing just
3 makes them easier to dicipline.
4
5 On 11/19/05, Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:34:10 -0800 Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
8 > wrote:
9 > | Why not ditch the idea of yellow-starred "arch testers" and make it
10 > | easy for *all* users to participate in the stability-validation of
11 > | all of our packages?
12 >
13 > We've seen why this won't work in the past... Too few users know how to
14 > do proper testing. We've had "please keyword, works for me" bugs for
15 > things that will always segfault on startup. We've had several people
16 > who think it'd be clever to automate testing reports. We've got enough
17 > ricers out there that clearly broken things would end up getting "works
18 > for me" spammed even more than they are already...
19 >
20 > --
21 > Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Look! Shiny things!)
22 > Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org <http://gentoo.org>
23 > Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm