From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Email subdomain
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 02:55:51
1 On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 13:34:10 -0800 Corey Shields <cshields@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Why not ditch the idea of yellow-starred "arch testers" and make it
4 | easy for *all* users to participate in the stability-validation of
5 | all of our packages?
6
7 We've seen why this won't work in the past... Too few users know how to
8 do proper testing. We've had "please keyword, works for me" bugs for
9 things that will always segfault on startup. We've had several people
10 who think it'd be clever to automate testing reports. We've got enough
11 ricers out there that clearly broken things would end up getting "works
12 for me" spammed even more than they are already...
15 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Look! Shiny things!)
16 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
17 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm