From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Live source based ebuild proposals
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:47:00
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:35:34 +0100
3 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Hence -scm...
5 >> that cannot do as well for more than a single target w/out using use
6 >> flags.
7 >
8 > Because it isn't supposed to. Versions and topics are not the same
9 > thing, and treating topics as versions leads to mishandling.
12 master is just a name, you may have the main development happen in
13 another branch (say devel) and the stabler tree is kept on the master
14 branch and you may want to track both as well.
15
16 Or even worse, you get two lines of development you want to track that
17 stay in completely different vcs. And that is the case of a real
18 package, not theory. In those cases having a template could help a bit,
19 having -scm + useflag is exactly the same as having bare useflags and slots.
20
21 >> Then if you continued to read you'll notice that
22 >
23 > ...you got so incoherent I gave up trying to work out what you're on
24 > about. You still haven't shown how to solve the simple example I gave
25 > earlier in the thread.
26
27 Relying to offense because I just pointed out something you dislikes
28 since you cannot find a argumentative way reply isn't exactly polite or
29 mature.
34 Luca Barbato
35 Gentoo Council Member
36 Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC