From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Live source based ebuild proposals
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:53:59
1 On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:46:54 +0100
2 Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
3 > master is just a name, you may have the main development happen in
4 > another branch (say devel) and the stabler tree is kept on the master
5 > branch and you may want to track both as well.
6 >
7 > Or even worse, you get two lines of development you want to track
8 > that stay in completely different vcs. And that is the case of a real
9 > package, not theory. In those cases having a template could help a
10 > bit, having -scm + useflag is exactly the same as having bare
11 > useflags and slots.
12
13 Yes, sometimes upstreams are insane. Then we can't deal with them.
14 We're aiming to handle the large majority of sensible cases here, not
15 the things that don't map onto version concepts in any way.
16
17 > >> Then if you continued to read you'll notice that
18 > >
19 > > ...you got so incoherent I gave up trying to work out what you're on
20 > > about. You still haven't shown how to solve the simple example I
21 > > gave earlier in the thread.
22 >
23 > Relying to offense because I just pointed out something you dislikes
24 > since you cannot find a argumentative way reply isn't exactly polite
25 > or mature.
26
27 No. Really. Again. You've been steadily talking nonsense on this whole
28 issue. Please step back, start again and clearly and concisely explain
29 in coherent English how you solve the simple example I gave earlier in
30 the thread. I am far from the only person who hasn't managed to work
31 out your explanation of this simple case so far.
34 Ciaran McCreesh