From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Live source based ebuild proposals
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 01:18:42
1 On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 23:53:51 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 00:46:54 +0100
5 > Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o> wrote:
6 > > master is just a name, you may have the main development happen in
7 > > another branch (say devel) and the stabler tree is kept on the
8 > > master branch and you may want to track both as well.
9 > >
10 > > Or even worse, you get two lines of development you want to track
11 > > that stay in completely different vcs. And that is the case of a
12 > > real package, not theory. In those cases having a template could
13 > > help a bit, having -scm + useflag is exactly the same as having bare
14 > > useflags and slots.
15 >
16 > Yes, sometimes upstreams are insane. Then we can't deal with them.
17 > We're aiming to handle the large majority of sensible cases here, not
18 > the things that don't map onto version concepts in any way.
19 >
20 > > >> Then if you continued to read you'll notice that
21 > > >
22 > > > ...you got so incoherent I gave up trying to work out what you're
23 > > > on about. You still haven't shown how to solve the simple example
24 > > > I gave earlier in the thread.
25 > >
26 > > Relying to offense because I just pointed out something you
27 > > dislikes since you cannot find a argumentative way reply isn't
28 > > exactly polite or mature.
29 >
30 > No. Really. Again. You've been steadily talking nonsense on this whole
31 > issue. Please step back, start again and clearly and concisely explain
32 > in coherent English how you solve the simple example I gave earlier in
33 > the thread. I am far from the only person who hasn't managed to work
34 > out your explanation of this simple case so far.
35
36 I'm sorry, Luca, but I can't do what I want to do with your proposal.
37 With the -scm suffix I can.
38
39 Actually I thought this was settled. What exactly is the issue holding
40 GLEP 54 back that we need more discussion and different proposals?
44 gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
45 treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
46 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662