From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Live source based ebuild proposals
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 02:29:09
1 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> posted
2 20090213235351.381cffcd@snowmobile, excerpted below, on Fri, 13 Feb 2009
3 23:53:51 +0000:
4
5 [>> > Luca Barbato wrote...]
6
7 >> >> Then if you continued to read you'll notice that
8 >> >
9 >> > ...you got so incoherent I gave up
10 >>
11 >> Relying to offense because I just pointed out something you dislikes
12 >> since you cannot find a argumentative way reply isn't exactly polite or
13 >> mature.
14 >
15 > No. Really. Again. You've been steadily talking nonsense on this whole
16 > issue. Please step back, start again and clearly and concisely explain
17 > in coherent English how you solve the simple example I gave earlier in
18 > the thread. I am far from the only person who hasn't managed to work out
19 > your explanation of this simple case so far.
20
21 FWIW, while I'd not choose "incoherent" and "nonsense" as those are
22 loaded terms that don't tend to make a productive debate if that is
23 intended, I lost Luca's argument at this point as well. Now if it was
24 just me I'd believe it was simply over my head. However, if a lead
25 developer of one of our three package managers gets lost as well, maybe
26 it isn't him, and maybe it isn't me. Somewhere, the logic thread simply
27 got too difficult to follow and we're both lost.
28
29 So Luca, I'd appreciate it too if you tried again from this point in the
30 original stub-quoted above, as I really am trying to follow this. I
31 don't have a position on this but I'd like to. =:^)
36 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman